Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All you can do, is say you are sorry....

Over recent months I have become increasingly aware of my own awareness towards Christianity and not only what it represent but also how it portrays itself towards society, and particularly other religions and non believers.

This I see as a continued process in my own non belief, a non belief that was not acquired, but rather a point in my own thought and reasoning that was reached through my own disillusionment of what I was raised to believe, of what I was raised to praise, glorify, protect and carry to others.

Once I was able to stand outside this religion, I became increasingly aware over time, of what Christians in the broader sense live, how they interact with other people, how they pretend, and seem to believe that they are better than the rest of us. How they seem to hold everything outside their own prescribed world of beliefs in disregard, how they have contempt for others and treat anything that challenges their faith and thought processes with anger and loathing.

I do not believe that any person inside any religion can objectively take stock of a belief system that they grew up with and understand to rule their whole life, it is impossible for such a person to stand back and regard such a belief or faith with complete critical honesty.

Yet, I still stand amazed when Christians do things and say things that they know will not only hurt others but will alienate them and will cause relationships to whither and die. The understanding of doing something to another human being while claiming the goodness of your faith and the loving God that they serve should surely not only be a reflection on one Christian but rather a reflection on the faith. Do Christians not represent their faith? They are charged with carrying the good message, all of them, yet when they are forced to face the reality of the actions of fellow believers they seem to be able to quickly draw the card in reason of free will, of statements saying that, that is not a true reflection of Christianity. They seem to be able to quickly and with amazing self justification point out that other Christians might be like that, but us “true’ Christians are not.

Would it not be better for any grouping of people to accept responsibility for the actions of the grouping?

So often the denomination or inter Christian Church debates start, and trust me I have heard them all. The Reformers, Methodists, et all will tell you that the Catholic Church is actually the Church of the devil, however they use the same Bible, they sing some of the same songs, and pray to the same God. I accept it as a give that the Reformers might not have any influence in what happens in the Catholic Church, and vice versa. But surely making public statements about the rape of children inside another Christian denomination where such practice gets denounced and criticized publicly saying to them that you make me ashamed to call myself a Christian should not be something that should be debated.

I stand in utter amazement of how Christians in particular choose to hurt, assassinate personalities, murder, rape, pillage and desecrate humanity without being labeled as Christians who did it. While being quick in argument to tell atheists that they have nothing to live for, that they suddenly have freedom to immorality, to eat sleep, drink, and die, because there will be no consequence.

The assumption that gets made that atheists are immoral people, that atheists are a grouping, is not only laughably ridiculous and absurd. It’s a good indication of the misconception that every uneducated Christian holds over the non belief of another.

Atheists cannot be grouped, it is not a religion or a sect that can be gathered together and have regular prayer meetings on not believing. What we can do is to choose to socialize and interact with people of the same orientation. Nothing more nothing less.

The Christian assumption that you need a consequence in an after life where you will suffer for eternity in order to live a good life is absurd. The Christian belief that all human beings are intrinsically bad in a moral sense is absurd. The Christian belief that a book written approximately ten two thousand years ago by people whom knew nothing about science, or even understood the working of the planet they lived on can guide you to a moral achievement is not only absurd but laughable.

I am not a Christian.
I do not believe that there is a God that I have to worship.
I do not belief that the Christian God is a God that I would ever want to worship again.
I can not understand the absurdity of how Christians regard others and themselves as superior.

I used to have to apologize a lot, the more I seem to become aware of my own responsibility to live a morally correct life here and now. The more I seem to come face to face with the immorality of Christians and their faith.

I can not, and probably will never be able to say that I live a 100% correct and moral life, not only because the definition of such morality differs from culture to culture, country to country, common law rules to common rules. But because I am human and therefore learn on a daily basis not only about what is right and wrong, but also that I need to treat others correctly, and that only through my own constant growth as a human being will I be able to strive to become a better person.

That through my own efforts I will be able to have the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, and change the things that I can, and hopefully along the line obtain some wisdom to know the difference . 

No comments:

Post a Comment